The classroom training on Customs Declaration System (CDS) - Post, organised by the Faculty of Applied Science of Post and Telecommunication (ICT Faculty) incollaboration with the International Bureau of theUniversal Postal Union (UPU), held from 29th September - 1st October 2018 in Tehran, I.R. Iran. The training will be delivered in English.
The training workshop is designed to enhance understanding of participants by sharing best practices and build capacity for postal designated operators and customs in the region and I.R. Iran. It will be conducted by an expert from Universal Postal Union (UPU). The main objectives of this training are to; inform and create awareness of the Customs Declaration System (CDS) which was created by the UPU’s Postal Technology Centre; to help streamline customs clearance by allowing participating postal designated operators and customs to exchange experiences and make clear required duties and taxes; to share best practices on developing and strengthening cooperation regarding Electronic Advance Data (EAD) and data capture, enhancing the capabilities of effective use of installation-configuration and security aspects; and build human and institutional capacity for efficient and effective use of capabilities of postal andCustoms users as well as reporting training. A provisional agenda can be found at Annex 1.
To register for the above-mentioned training, participants are kindly requested to complete the online Registration and Accommodation Reservation Form at:
The training workshop is offered free of charge and will be conducted in English. The travel arrangements, accommodation etc. should be made and borne by the participating administration or participants directly. Practical and general information and entry visa requirements for I.R. Iran are contained in Annex 4.
We look forward to your active participation in the workshop.
ITU CENTRES of EXCELLENCE NETWORK for ASIA-PACIFIC REGION
ITU - ICT Faculty training on
12-16 May 2018, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
This training, jointly organized by the International Telecommunication Union,ALTTC )Indian Advanced Level Telecom Training Center) and Faculty of Applied Science of Post and Telecommunication, known as ICT Faculty, from 12-16 May 2018 in Tehran, I.R. Iran. The training will be delivered in English.
The training course is designed to enhance understanding of participants by sharing best practices and build capacity for ICT stakeholders in the region and I.R. Iran. The main objectives of this face-to-face training course is to; inform and create awareness of potential challenges and threats of usage of online ICT applications / services, share ITU Global Cybersecurity Agenda (GCA), Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) and Child Online Protection (COP); share best practices on developing and strengthening national cybersecurity frameworks, and enhancing the capabilities of effective use of CIRTs; and build human and institutional capacity for efficient and effective use of capabilities of CIRTs.
.To register for the above-mentioned training, participants are kindly requested to complete the Registration Form
.For more information see the attached Annex1
ITU CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE NETWORK FOR ASIA PACIFIC REGION
Internet of Things: Technology, Standards and Planning
8-11 July 2017, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
This training is organized jointly by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the Faculty of ICT, Ministry of ICT (I.R. Iran) and the China Academy of ICT under the auspices of the ITU ASP COE. The training will be delivered in English in Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran.
This program aims
- To provide an overview (including technology, standards, cross-sectoral policy and regulatory frameworks, and applications) deployments
- To provide an understanding of the technologies and the standards relating to the Internet of Things
- To develop skills on IoT technical planning.
Detailed information on this training is described in the training outline (Annex 1 which attached), which can also be downloaded from the ITU Academy Portal at http://academy.itu.int/ and http://www.itu.int/itu-d/asp.
This training is targeted at managers, engineers and technical staff from regulators, policy makers, telecom operators and academia, who are interested in IoT planning. Registration for this program should be made by completing the attached registration form no later than 09 June 2017. The training will be held with the support of the Ministry of ICT (I.R. Iran) and the CAICT.
Description of duties
- Determining policies, orientations and research priorities within the framework of macro policies and strategies of faculty
- Developing short-term, mid-term and long-term research plan for faculty through orientation, receiving and integrating research plans of affiliated faculties and units of faculty
- Developing regulations related to supplying and allocating research resources and aids and announcing it to office of Vice-President
- Conducting necessary studies in order to develop and adjust ICT research regulations, standards and indexes of faculty
- Performing necessary planning to manage the procurement and distribution of scientific sources
- Adopting necessary measures to design and establish a strategic system in faculty research and monitoring the trend of development of research programs and activities
- Policy making in order to develop and reinforce ICT research services needed by faculty members, students and researchers of faculty and doing necessary actions through affiliated faculties and units
- Arranging the management of centralized purchase and order of data bases, journals, books and any kind of data sources which is necessary for faculty, also coordinating and redeveloping the supply and equipping scientific sources for Laboratories at the level of affiliated faculties and units
- Planning and monitoring the affairs related to Library and Documentation Center Evaluating and monitoring the performance of Students research projects and internship reports.
- Developing the regulations for the selection of outstanding researchers of faculty